Thursday, February 19, 2009

Quotes by Goran Ivanisevic

* The trouble with me is that every match I play against five opponents: umpire, crowd, ball boys, court, and myself.

* I wouldn't want to go to a sports psychiatrist, because when you're finished, you come out more crazy than you go in.

* I still break rackets, but now I do it in a positive way.

* My fines? I pay more fines than some guys' career prize money on the tour.

* I think it's interesting, you have three movies in one match: horror, comedy, drama. It's fun. I enjoy it. I am like that. I don't like to change. And if I could choose, I would be the same again. Just me, and I like who I am.

* In every game I play there are three players in me that could surface anytime, Good Goran, Bad Goran, Crazy Goran! They can all serve aces.

* I have so many runner-up cups that I am thinking of starting my own tea shop.

* I do not want that 'plate' again --- coming into his fourth Wimbledon final having lost the three others.

* Today's players, they do not know how. If you are going to throw it, you break it. You have to show commitment --- on throwing rackets

* I'll go kill myself --- after losing the Wimbledon 1998 final against Pete Sampras

* I woke up at 2 and went back to sleep at 3, I woke at 4 and went back to sleep at 5, when I next woke The Teletubbies were on TV, so I thought it must be time to get up --- on his night's sleep before the 2001 Final

* I don't understand it. She was no. 1 in the world and she retires. She was such an unbelievable player and could have won more Grand Slams. I don't know why she did it. Maybe it's a woman thing. I don't understand women. It's very sad for tennis .. a big loss --- speaking about the sudden retirement decision of Justine Henin while at Number 1

* It's just hitting; it's only 33 aces, that's not so good --- after his 1992 Wimbledon quarterfinal win against Stefan Edberg.

1 comment:

liberosis said...

The "Jekyll & Hyde" of tennis! Miss you Goran!