Tuesday, June 10, 2008

what is this life, if full of care

I have not found time to write anything 'coz I have been really busy for the past month or so. I have got embroiled in a project that's not going anywhere. Its become like a noose around my neck which is neither letting me sleep, nor rest; nor work in peace.

I have not had anytime for myself, not seen a movie for six months now etc. There's lot to crib about, but that's not what this blog is supposed to carry. Anyways, I started writing quite a few posts but was unable to complete them on time; and soon those posts lost the relevance. Anyways, the only thing on my mind right now is this poem by W.H.Davies. This aptly reflects my situation. Its a beautiful poem which was a part of our syllabus during school days and the entire poem has stayed on, in my mind. Whenever I feel suffocated and feel at loss of time, not able to spend time on myself, meet friends etc; I think of this poem. Here it is, for you:

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare?

No time to stand beneath the boughs,
And stare as long as sheep and cows:


No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass:


No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night:


No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance:


No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began?


A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

1 comment:

Gaurav said...

That poem is indeed great, especially the last line:)


Yeah why no more entries in your blog???