Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's better to ...

I found a small write-up while cleaning my room, which I had prepared nearly 6 years ago. Its not out-dated though, and when you read it you will know why. So, here I go:

  • It's better to have imagination than knowledge ~ Albert Einstein
  • It's better to do small things well than to spend time dreaming big things that are never tried.
  • It's better to have an open enemy than a doubtful ally ~ Napolean
  • It's better to conquer one desire than to satisfy thousand desires ~ Buddha
  • It's better to light a candle than to curse darkness ~ Welthy Fisher
  • It's better to lose a game than play foul.
  • It's better to let ten guilty persons escape than one innocent suffer ~ William Blackstone
  • It's better to have an honourable rose on my table than a stolen necklace of diamonds.
  • It's better to have one friend of great value than many friends who are good for nothing ~ Anarcharsis
  • It's better to think without learning than to learn without thinking.
  • It's better to earn a penny honestly than earn thousand pounds by fraud.
I have not given due credit to some of the quotations, reason being that I don't know who wrote them. In case you know it then do message me about it or you may put it as a comment.

No comments: